**PLEASE NOTE: This event is sold out. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list in the event of any cancellations, please register online. You will be notified if there are any cancellations as the event approaches.**
- Recognition of the 2018 - 2019 Chamber Board Chairperson & Review of Past Year
- Introduction of the 2019 - 2020 Chamber Board Chairperson & Looking to the Future
- Introduction of the 2019 - 2020 Chamber Board of Directors
- Ruder Ware Innovator Award in Memory of G. Lane Ware
- Ambassador of the Year Award
- Update from Dr. David Eckmann, President/CEO of the Greater Wausau Chamber of Commerce
- "Achieving Perennial Success" Keynote Presentation by Barry Alvarez, Director of Athletics at the University of Wisconsin
Ruder Ware Innovator Award in Memory of G. Lane Ware
Established in 2015 by Ruder Ware LLSC, the Ruder Ware Innovator Award in Memory of G. Lane Ware honors the memory of G. Lane Ware, a distinguished attorney and consummate professional with a sincere drive to make the Wausau community a better place for life and for business. Ware was tireless in his drive and support of entrepreneurship and innovation. You'd often hear him quip, "If you're not growing, you're dying on the vine." He realized that to succeed in business, you needed to innovate and differentiate, to remain relevant in a changing economy. While Ware worked with businesses of all sizes, it was the entrepreneurs and small businesses that inspired and excited him the most.
The Ruder Ware Innovator Award in Memory of G. Lane Ware Award is presented to an entrepreneur and/or a small business owner (50 employees or less) with a proven record of innovation in business. Businesses must operate within the region served by the Chamber, but do not need to be a member of the Chamber or a client of Ruder Ware.
To see a list of past recipients of this award, click here.
Ambassador of the Year Award
The Ambassador of the Year Award is presented to a member of the Ambassador Group for their commitment to the Chamber through their participation in ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings, programs, events and member engagement.
Legendary Wisconsin football coach, Barry Alvarez knows about building winning teams and business organizations and will share his insights on how members and the community can improve themselves and achieve perennial success. Alvarez inherited a program in 1990 that had not had a winning season since 1984. By 1993, Wisconsin had become a college football powerhouse, winning the first of three Rose Bowls under his leadership.
University of Wisconsin
Alvarez is in his 16th year as Director of Athletics at the University of Wisconsin. Additionally, he served as the football coach from 1990-2005 compiling a career college football record of 118-73-4. He has the longest head coaching tenure and the most wins in Wisconsin Badgers football history. Alvarez retired from coaching at the conclusion of the 2005 season in order to concentrate solely on running the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Wisconsin has enjoyed remarkable success during Alvarez's tenure at the head of the athletic department, winning a combined 14 team national titles and 63 conference regular-season or tournament crowns since he took over.
Date and Time
Thursday Oct 10, 2019
5:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT
5 pm - Check-In, Networking & Cash Bar
5:45 pm - Dinner Served
6:30 - 8 pm - Program
8 - 8:30 pm - Networking & Cash Bar
Hilton Garden Inn
2101 N Mountain Rd
Wausau, WI 54401
Members - $75 (Includes Sales Tax)
Table of 8 (Members Only) - $600 (Includes Sales Tax)
Non-Members - $90 (Includes Sales Tax)
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Pre-registration is required for this event. Limited space may be available the day of the event, but cannot be guaranteed. Walk-in prices are $10 more than the listed prices and include sales tax.
Programs & Events Team - 715.848.5953
Alvarez has made a lasting impression on the Wisconsin sports scene. His well-documented turnaround of the once-moribund Badger football program has helped to allow the school's entire athletic department to blossom into one of the nation's finest and most respected organizations in college sports.
Alvarez and his wife, Cindy, are the parents of three grown children.
Awards & Honors
- 1993 National Coach of the Year (AFCA, Bobby Dodd)
- 1993 Big Ten Coach of the Year
- 1998 Big Ten Coach of the Year
- 1999 National Coach of the Year (Victor Award)
- ESPN's College Coach of the 1990's (Finalist)
- 2004 AFCA Region 3 Coach of the Year
- 2008 Big Ten Club of Southern California "Person of the Year"
- State of Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame (2009)
- Rose Bowl Hall of Fame (2009)
- College Football Hall of Fame (2010)
- UW Athletics Hall of Fame (2010)
- Orange Bowl Hall of Fame (2016)
- 2017 Paul "Bear" Bryant Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2017-18 Under Armour Athletic Director of the Year
Dinner is included in the price of admission. The dinner includes:
- Occurred Thursday, October 10th, 2019 @ 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm